Offer and Acceptance of Place
Acceptance of Place
The assessment process is competitive and following it, parents are informed that their child has been either:
- Offered a Guaranteed Place (for Year 12 pupils, places may be conditional upon IGCSE or equivalent results) if they perform strongly in the assessments and there are places available.
- Placed on a Waiting List for possible entry if further places become available if they perform well in the assessments, but cannot be offered an immediate place because there are no places left.
- Unsuccessful in their application, because they performed at a standard below what is necessary to access the curriculum effectively at Harrow Hong Kong.
Parents of applicants who are not successful in gaining a place will receive a letter of rejection, but may contact the Admissions department for further details about why the application was unsuccessful.
The Admissions department will ask parents of applicants, who are not successful in gaining a place, or in being invited for assessment, if they would like their child to be considered for entry in the following year. As long as they inform the Admissions department in writing by the deadlines stated in the Admissions timeline, their application will be rolled over to the following year. Under these circumstances, there is no need to pay a further Application Fee. Failure to inform the Admissions department by the appropriate deadline will result in their child’s name being withdrawn from our lists.
Acceptance of Place
In order to accept the offer of a place at the start of the next academic year, the next term or for immediate entry in exceptional circumstances, parents should complete and return the Acceptance Pack and pay a Reservation Deposit (which is non-refundable whether or not the place can be filled, but will be offset against the first Term’s fees) within the time frame specified in the offer letter. Failure to do so may result in the place being offered to another pupil.
The Reservation Deposit consists of:
- For Day Pupils - 10% of the current annual tuition fee.
- For Boarders - 10% of the current annual tuition and boarding fee.
The invoice for the remainder of the current tuition fees (and boarding fees if appropriate), together with any increase in fees approved for the following academic year, and the Annual Capital Levy (for those applicants without a CCC, ICC or Individual Debenture) will be issued before the start of the academic year. For pupils starting during the course of the year current tuition (and boarding fees if appropriate) and the Annual Capital Levy (if applicable) will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Boarding & Day Places (Years 6 - 13)
All successful applicants from Year 6 and above will be allocated a place in a House, and parents can indicate their preference for either a Day or Weekly Boarding place. Priority will be given to siblings whose parents wish their children to be in the same House.