Harrow International School Hong Kong (the School) is one of the four international schools which are part of the ‘Harrow family’ of schools.
The School is independently owned and operated by a not-for-profit company registered in Hong Kong, Harrow International School Foundation Limited, which in turn is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asia International Schools Ltd (AISL).
On behalf of AISL, Harrow International Management Services Ltd (HIMS) oversees the running of all the Harrow International Schools. It provides technical advice and assistance to support the management of each school.
The School operates under an agreement with the Governors of Harrow School in the United Kingdom. Under that agreement, the School is permitted to use the Harrow name and Arms, and is required to have a Governing Board which, inter alia, is responsible for the overall philosophy, vision, culture and strategic direction of the School; compliance with governing documents and law; and ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the day to day operations of the School. The Governing Board is required to include two Governors of Harrow School (or their representatives), two representatives of the School’s owners, and one Director of HIMS. The Governing body is composed of the following members:
- A Chairman
- Two Harrow School Governors, or their representatives
- Two representatives of the owners of the School
- One Director of Harrow International Management Services Limited
- One independent expert in the field of international education.
- Three other independent people with relevant expertise in education and/or other areas of activity relevant to the School’s activities
The presence of Harrow School Governors and HIMS in governance is to assure, amongst other things, a consistently high standard of education, reflecting Harrow School’s values and traditions of excellence.
As of May 2019, the Governing Board comprises nine Governors:
- Chairman – Mr Kenneth Lau
- On behalf of Harrow School – Mr Adam D. Hart and Ms Debra Price
- On behalf of the owners – Mr Daniel Chiu and Mr Eric Leung
- Independent Governors – Mr Arnold Wong, Mr Bryan Gaw, Mr Peter Lee and Mr Johnny Mok