Harrow Hong Kong is proud of its pupils' outstanding examination record, which, combined with our rigorous curriculum, inspiring teaching, leadership programme and wide-ranging co-curricular opportunities, enables Harrow pupils to enter leading universities around the world.
At A-level in 2018, 30% of all grades achieved were A*, 61% were A*/A and 83% were A*-B. Eleven pupils achieved straight A* grades in three or more of their subjects.
Harrow Hong Kong’s IGCSE cohort posted record results in 2018, with 66% of all grades at A*, 89% at A*-A, and at 99% A*-C. Of particular note were achievements in Mathematics (96% A*-A), Physics (96% A*-A), Spanish (95% A*-A), Biology (94% A*-A), Chinese Foreign Language (93% A*-A), and French (92% A*- A).
Harrow Hong Kong also celebrates the numerous successes and achievements of its pupils both inside and outside the classroom:
For the 2018-19 Academic Year
- Ava (Year 10, Keller) successfully progressed to the Island Phase 2 Squad of the Regional Netball Academy.
- Anna (Year 10, Anderson) took part in the 2018 Hong Kong International Piano Open Competition in August and came third.
- Amy (Year 13, Keller) passed her flute performance diploma with a high pass.
- Jennifer (Year 7, Parks), participated in the 20th CSTD Asia Pacific Dance Competition, attended by pupils from 52 dance schools representing 11 countries. Jennifer received an Honourable Mention (ranking fourth) in the Jazz Dance category.
- Ava (Year 10, Keller) had her first official rowing races in the Youth Autumn Sculls. She received a gold medal in the single scull and a silver medal in the double sculls.
- Jonathan (Year 8, Banks), Stirling (Year 8, Darwin), Katherine (Year 7, Parks) and Alicia (Year 7, Fry) won the Hong Kong final of the Kids Lit Quiz. They travel to Singapore for the World Finals in July 2019.
- Xavier (Year 9, Shaftesbury) and Logan (Year 8, Darwin) played in the U13 Malaysia Borneo Football Cup with their HK Junior Football League team, and won the cup. It was the first time that this HK representative team have won the cup in 10 years, at any age group.
- Omiya (Year 13, Anderson) took part in the Marshall Essay Competition held by the University of Cambridge. Her essay was highly commended, which places it as one of the 25 best in the world!
- Anna (Year 11, Gellhorn) was selected to represent Hong Kong at the U18 Asia Rugby Girls 7s Championship.
- Sophie (Year 13, Gellhorn) was commended in the 2019 National Merit Scholarship Program in the US, for her outstanding performance in her SAT tests.
- Callum (Year 8, Shackleton) gained a Gold certificate in the Education Perfect Science Championships, placing him in the top 2% of 90,000 competitors around the world.
- In March 2018, inspectors from the Environmental Committee Campaign visited 900 schools around Hong Kong to see what efforts were being made to be more environmentally friendly with regard to their lunch time practises. A panel of pupils, Ollie (Year 12, Sun), Ryan (Year 12, Churchill) and Ella (Year 11, Gellhorn) prepared evidence, answered questions and gave inspectors a tour of our lunch and recycling facilities. They were particularly impressed with the recycling initiative that has been established with Crossroads, the recycling of all the School's cooking oil to make biofuel, and the lack of disposable cutlery, crockery and packed lunches. Due to this, Harrow Hong Kong received the highest Green Lunch Award category of 'Excellent' by the Environmental Campaign Committee and the Education Bureau.
- Sam (Year 10, Peel), Xavier (Year 10, Sun) and Jake (Year 10, Peel) represented Harrow Hong Kong in the Hong Kong Junior Age Group Athletic Championships. All three athletes gained personal bests in their events and Sam gained a bronze medal in both the 1500m and 800m.
- After the trip to serve the Yao minority in China, the Go2Serve Foundation has awarded certificates for the best Harrow Hong Kong team’s contribution to recycling, environmental care and the Seed Project whilst there. Of particular note were Gauri (Year 8, Nightingale), Samar (Year 7, Darwin), Audrey (Year 6, Nightingale), Brandon (Year 6, Darwin) and Tan Kiu (Year 6, Nightingale).
- Jarra (Year 11, Gellhorn) has been selected by the Cambodian Equestrian Federation to join the junior team for show jumping and has been invited to participate in the Princess Cup, an international show jumping event held in Bangkok, and the Hong Kong international jumping event.
- Harrow Hong Kong attended the ISSFHK swimming championships. Ethan (Year 10, Peel) came fourth in the 50m backstroke, Ryan (Year 11, Peel) came second in both backstroke events, And Tommy (Year 10, Sun) third for his 50m Breaststroke. The Harrow U16 4x50m relay team (of Ryan, Tommy, Ethan and Ethan (Year 10, Peel)) also performed well, came third.
- Anna (Year 11, Gellhorn), went to India to play in the Hong Kong Girls U18s Rugby 7s team in the Asian Championships. The HK team did very well, reaching the Cup Final, where they were beaten by a very strong China team.
- U12 & U14s competed in the ISSFHK Swimming Championships. Alastair (Year 6, Banks) came third in the 200m Individual Medley and Henry (Year 7, Banks) came fifth in the 100m Freestyle.
- Amelia (Year 6, Nightingale) was chosen compete in a regional fencing competition at San Diego for the Under 10 and Under 12 Girls Epee category.
- Trevor (Year 6, Darwin) was placed runner up in Graphite Design Hong Kong Schools Holiday Golf Competition. Additionally, he also played in the 2-Day HKGA Winter Junior Championship, coming runner-up in a field of 27 junior golfers in his age division.
- The following players who were selected to play in the New Year’s Day Representative Rugby tournament, for their respective Island or Peninsula Team: Monroe (Year 7, Darwin), Oliver (Year 7, Shackleton), Freddie (Year 7, Banks), Samar (Year 7, Darwin), Alexandra (Year 10, Wu), Cameron (Year 10, Shaftesbury), Anna (Year 11, Gellhorn), Eve (Year 8, Fry), and a further congratulations goes to Lulu (Year 8, Fry), Eve (Year 8, Fry) and Albie (Year 8, Darwin) who were recently selected in the National Age Group Training Squad.
- Isaac (Year 9, Shaftesbury), representing Harrow Hong Kong, won the HK Inter School Ski/Snowboarding Championships held in China. Isaac is a silver member of the Hong Kong Ski Team.