Please refer to the age guidelines for the appropriate year of entry.
ENTRY IN September 2024
Entry is open for all year groups. Please note deadlines for applications.
ADMISSIONS TIMELINE FOR SEPTEMBER 2024 ENTRY:
|Year Group||Application Deadline||Assessment Dates |
(Tentative - may be subject to change)
|K1 (3+ years)||1 November 2023||Spring Term|
|K2 (4+ years)||1 November 2023||Spring Term|
|Year 1 (5+ years)||1 October 2023||Autumn Term|
|Year 2 (6+ years)||1 November 2023||Spring Term|
|Year 3 (7+ years)||1 November 2023||Spring Term|
|Year 4 (8+ years)||1 November 2023||Spring Term|
|Year 5 (9+ years)||1 November 2023||Autumn Term|
|Year 6 (10+ years)||1 November 2023||Autumn Term|
|Year 7 (11+ years)||1 November 2023||Autumn Term|
|Year 8 (12+ years)||1 November 2023||Autumn Term|
|Year 9 (13+ years)||1 November 2023||Autumn Term|
|Year 10 (14+ years)||1 November 2023||Autumn Term|
|Sixth Form (16+ years)||1 November 2023|
(Ongoing applications will be considered for exceptional pupils)
|Autumn, Spring and Summer Term|
Applications from strong pupils after the published deadlines will be considered subject to places being available, especially if applicants are from overseas and do not have a place in a school in Hong Kong.
There are a number of important guiding principles that influence the admissions procedures:
- The Education Bureau stipulates 50% of places can be given to local pupils with Hong Kong passports and 50% of all pupils in the Upper School (from Year 6 and above) must be weekly boarders. The School will, therefore, consider applications from pupils re-locating to Hong Kong from overseas after the published deadlines.
- Applications from pupils from Mainland China, Macau and Taiwan are considered if their parents have Hong Kong residency and the necessary supporting documentation (such pupils are then deemed to be local Hong Kong pupils) or if the pupil holds an additional overseas passport eligible for entry to Hong Kong.
- English proficiency is necessary in order to access the full range of the curriculum, and to be able to contribute positively to the School community.
- The School requires a balance between boarders and day pupils, as well as boys and girls in each year group.
- Apart from in exceptional circumstances, and at the discretion of the Head, the School does not normally accept pupils into Years 11 and 13.