OFFER OF A PLACE
The assessment process is competitive and when complete, parents are informed that their child has been either:
- Offered a Guaranteed Place if they perform strongly in the assessments and there are places available.
- For Year 12 pupils, places are conditional upon GCSE or equivalent results and / or CAT tests.
- Placed on a Waiting List for possible entry if / and when further spaces become available.
- Unsuccessful in their application, because they performed at a standard below what is necessary to access the curriculum effectively at Harrow Hong Kong.
Parents of applicants who are not successful in gaining a place will receive a letter of rejection, but may contact the Admissions department for further details about why the application was unsuccessful.
ACCEPTANCE OF A PLACE
In order to accept the offer of a place at the start of the next academic year, the next term or for immediate entry in exceptional circumstances, parents should complete and return the Acceptance Pack and pay a Reservation Deposit (which is non-refundable whether or not the place can be filled, but will be offset against the first Term’s fees) within the time frame specified in the offer letter. Failure to do so may result in the place being offered to another pupil.
The Reservation Deposit consists of:
- For Day Pupils – 10% of the current annual tuition fee.
- For Boarders – 10% of the current annual tuition and boarding fee.
The invoice for the remainder of the current tuition fees (and boarding fees if appropriate), together with any increase in fees approved for the following academic year, and the Annual Capital Levy (for those applicants without a CCC, ICC or Individual Debenture) will be issued before the start of the academic year. For pupils starting during the course of the year current tuition (and boarding fees if appropriate) and the Annual Capital Levy (if applicable) will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Boarding & Day Places (Years 6-13)
All successful applicants from Year 6 and above will be allocated a place in a House, prior to when they start at Harrow Hong Kong.